Panda

Panda
A Mom & her Baby

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Small things

After about 10 years, I have reconnected with some "old"---I'm going to call them friends rather than students because many of them ARE my friends even though I was their teacher, too. It literally brought me to tears to "see" them on facebook! They're 10 years older, too! Babies, marriages, college educations, and even one with a book being published soon!!!! Wow!

I waited until just last fall to finally get on facebook and I have to say that I am overjoyed at the results of my having finally gotten on board after my fighting it for so long. It is so very worth it to connect with these old friends--to see their pictures of them and their families and to learn how their lives are going and have changed in the past 10 years. I loved these guys 10 years ago and I love them still. When I saw their names online and that I could request to be their friends in facebook, my heart jumped in joy.

And, yes, I even shed a tear or two as I thought about each one and the things we shared. It truly is the little things in life that make the biggest difference. Some of these friends I was with for only a short time (2 years or less) but they made a powerful impact on my life as a whole. I learned so much from them even though I was their teacher at the time. They let me try new things with them and didn't complain (too much) when things went wrong!

I love you guys and I am so thankful that we have advanced enough in technology that we can reconnect again! God bless!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment